Monday, March 17, 2014

VERSACE REVISITED!!!


When I was a teenager, my mother didn’t know what to do with me.  Since I am the only boy in the family, she gave me everything I wanted. I admit that I was a spoiled brat growing up. People do change for the better. I am glad that I am not that boy anymore. During the late 80s and early 90s, I was obsessed with Gianni Versace. I was collecting all his pieces: Gianni Versace, Versus, Istante, Versace Jeans Couture, Versace Collection, and Versace Jeans Couture. Hong Kong was the nearest place to shop. I spent all my money buying Versace.

For Spring 2014, my obsession with Versace came back. I was impressed with the collection that Donatella designed for menswear. The use of athletic tapes in neon colors gave the Versace man the cool factor.  Since the clothes are very expensive, let’s focus on the bags. The nylon totes were just amazing. The details include the athletic tapes forming the V with the Medusa on the tip of the letter. It came in different colors: black, burgundy, and brown.

Right now, I have the bag in black. I can’t wait to get my hands on the burgundy. I guess I am still a spoiled brat at heart. The verdict, I want them all.





1 comment: