Friday, June 19, 2009

PLAN B- BARNEYS NEW YORK

Okay! Here is the scoop. I was getting ready to run errands with my mother today till my SCION called me. He told me that he could not make it to dinner tonight for some reason... I won't go into details. I sent Lisa an email and a text message that dinner at Insieme will be cancelled.

PLAN B, BARNEYS NY!!!!

My mother and I head to Barney's to check out the shoe sale. With all modesty, my family loves and adores shoes... it's an Asian thing. First, we went to the 3rd floor of the men's shoe department. I have seen these shoes a million times. I just drool over them till the sale season comes.  I asked Howard, my shoe guy, to reserve these amazing Dries Van Noten kung fu shoes. When I tried it on again, it was too big on me. Emerson, my other shoe guy, told me to try on other shoes. My eyes were fixated on those amazing Dries shoes.  I was looking around when I spotted these salmon Lanvin loafers. I was keeping my fingers crossed hoping that they have my size.

Alas! Emerson screams, "It's Gipetto's day today." I felt like Dorothy Gale from Kansas. I was saying to myself, "There's no place like home." I am so shallow... that's just me.  I love, love, love my shoes. HAHAHAHA!!!!

Next stop, the women's shoe department. My mom and I rushed to the 4th floor. We only had an hour to kill. I always look for her shoe guy, Donovan. Unfortunately, he was off today. Mr. X (I do not know his name) helped my mother get sizes for her and my two sisters. I fancied these blue and purple cheetah print Lanvin flats. I told my mother, "These are your new flats for the season." She tried them on and loved it.

My sisters have different personalities: cutting edge and sporty. For my cutting edge sister, I chose an amazing pair of Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci stilettos with feather details. On the other hand, I got my other sister these amazing black gladiator sandals from Balenciaga.  They should be happy.

Once again, an exciting adventure with Gipetto and friends.




GIVENCHY BY RICARDO TISCI- FEATHERS EVERYWHERE
BALENCIAGA GLADIATORS- IMAGINE IT IN BLACK
LANVIN FLATS- IMAGINE TIE DYED CHEETAH

Images courtesy of www.barneys.com

For the men's shoe department on the 3rd floor: Emerson, Daniel, and Howard

For the women's shoe department on the 4th floor: ONLY DONOVAN








No comments:

Post a Comment