Monday, May 30, 2011

SEQUINED EVENT!!!

Last Thursday, I attended the El Museo del Barrio at Cipriani's on 42nd street in New York city. It was a successful event. The museum honored Mario Testino. Gala chair Yaz Hernandez gave a witty and humorous speech which made the audience laugh. At the last minute, I had no clue what I was going to wear. I wanted to get away from the classic black dinner jacket. Thank God for my good friend Lucio, he came to the rescue. He sent me 2 options from Versace's Spring 2011 collection. The first option was a black tailored suit. Unfortunately, the jacket was too tight... I couldn't breathe. Then, the black and white beaded jacket with a built in vest caught my eye. As the saying goes, "No Guts No Glory." I went with my instinct. True enough, I received many compliments from my peers and guests at the event. I accessorized my ensemble with a black satin clutch from YSL. The shoes in patent and grosgrain corset detail were from YSL. To complete the look, I added a skinny bow tie from Dior Homme.

The Versace jacket vamped up my entire wardrobe.
VERSACE SPRING 2011 MEN'S COLLECTION
THE END RESULT


No comments:

Post a Comment