Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DRIES' VISION OF A WOMAN!!!

Dries Van Noten is one my favorite designers in the fashion industry. I have been a loyal follower of his collection for 12 years. The men's department at Barneys New York knows about my fascination with the designer. I always get a call from them as soon as the merchandise hits the floor. For Spring 2012, Dries delivered a sophisticated and chic collection. He is known for having the best prints on garments. There are so many options for his loyal followers and soon to be fans of the brand. He used silk screen photographs of the rain forest, the sea, flowers, and the city at night. I believe it was clever. He gave Milan the answer on how to do prints properly. The silhouettes of his garments remind me of Cristobal Balenciaga in the 50s. There were a lot of easy pieces to wear. For example, a magenta jacket paired with black trousers and a white top... genius. My favorite piece is a dress in bright floral prints... show stopper.
For me, this collection signals more sales for him. He is one of the few designers in the industry who owns his company. He is a designer who does not believe in advertising. He strongly believes that a woman should have her own identity and not to follow what fashion dictates. She is a woman who goes with the flow. On top of that, the shoes are divine.
Another stunning show from the designer who knows how to do it all. Bravo!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment