Thursday, September 22, 2011

FAST AND FURIOUS- THE PRADA WAY!!!

Last Spring 2011, Prada delivered a superb and phenomenal collection for Men and Women. She started the whole trend of the must-have accessory, the multi-colored brogue shoes. I had to reach out to all my friends in retail to hunt down those shoes. For Spring 2012, Prada showcased a satisfying collection. It may not be the same success from last Spring, but Prada knows how to push the envelope. Indeed, she is a trend setter and a designer highly copied by her competitors. The vibe of the collection reminds me between the era of the 40s and the 50s. The coat from the first look reminded me of a floral crochet table cloth. You can see this detail throughout the collection. Another inspiration from this collection is her love of cars. She used flames as prints on the hem of the skirt. The bags had appliqued vintage Cadillac or Rolls Royce. The shoes had leather flames extended out to the back sole. The set had cartoonish cars that editors and buyers can sit on. Only in the mind of Prada she can come up with ideas like this. I need to absorb and see this collection once again. Right now, I can say this was not her best. Who knows my mind may change? I guess I was expecting more from her.








No comments:

Post a Comment