Monday, August 13, 2012

LONDON'S LAST HURRAH!!!

The 2012 London Olympic games was a success. The United States ended being number one in the medal tally. I was quite disappointed with the opening ceremony. On the other hand, the closing ceremony last night was a major success. I remembered all of the songs I used to listen growing up. The performances of George Michael, Annie Lennox, Oasis, Fat Boy Slim, and the reunion of the Spice Girls were major hits. George Michael performed his famous single "Freedom". Annie Lennox came out in a Gothic galleon. The highlight of the evening was the Spice Girls. It gave me goose bumps when they performed their greatest hits from the 90s. The gold number fashion show led by Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell prove to the world that the Brits are the leaders in fashion. I felt like I was part of the event.  The organizers redeemed themselves with an amazing and spectacular showdown. The Brits know how to party hard... a night that viewers and spectators can never forget.







No comments:

Post a Comment