Monday, June 6, 2011

INTERPRETATION!!!

Goyard is the oldest luggage and accessory company in the world. Known for it's chevron print, celebrities and consumers are big admirers of the brand. Last week, I was on Madison Avenue and I passed by the Roger Vivier boutique. I noticed a black, white , and red pattern clutch similar to Goyard's print. Not to look the same, the company did the iconic buckle pattern. The initials RV (Roger Vivier) were stamped onto the clutches. On the other hand, Pierre Hardy's printed clutch is another modified version of the famous print. The designer designed uneven building like blocks in black and white. The evolution of prints can be distinguished amongst these designers. Who did it first? I guess you know the answer. I commend the other fashion houses for re interpreting the print without being accused of copying. For me, I love them all.
GOYARD
PIERRE HARDY

ROGER VIVIER

No comments:

Post a Comment