Friday, January 14, 2011

BREATHTAKING RUINS 1- CAMBODIA

I have been fascinated with the kingdom of Cambodia. Last weekend, Marlon de Mesa and I went to the enchanting city of Siem Reap in Cambodia. We have been planning our trip for a year. After visiting 13 temples in two days, I was very inspired. I was so amazed on how the city kept their temples in tact. The most famous temple in Siem Reap is Angkor Wat. It is one of the biggest temples made for the Gods.  These temples were built for worship. I am mesmerized with all the intricate detail around the walls of all the temples.  Our tour guide, Nana, is one of the best. We made her laugh the whole trip. She did not have to explain the history of the temples because we did our research. 

I am not surprised why Angelina Jolie fell in love with Cambodia. The people are warm and nice. Tourists can walk around freely without being abducted. It is one of the safest city to travel and look for inspiration. 

I will be posting more pictures of Cambodia when I get back to New York. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment