Tuesday, January 18, 2011

AUSTRALIAN GETAWAY!!!

My trip to Australia was last minute. I had to book a flight to meet my client and her family. Technically, I was in Australia for a day and a half. I've never been to the land down under so I was thrilled. Before my 5pm meeting at the Westin, I had lunch with my former school teacher from La Salle Zobel. She and her husband took me to Sydney Harbor. Guess what? I ordered Kangaroo meat and it was so delicious. It tasted like beef and ostrich combined. We strolled around the harbor to check out the Sydney Opera house... it was breathtaking. Then, we headed to the hotel for my meeting. Our conversation was a mixture of business and pleasure. To their excitement, they asked me to join them in Melbourne park for the day. Of course, I said yes. I have been an avid Tennis follower since I was 12 years old. 3 hours passed and we all decided to have an early dinner in the hotel. We had so much fun. We talked about everything. After dinner, my client's brother booked me a flight to Melbourne.

I could not sleep that night. I was getting cold sweat because I was so excited to meet all the top players in the world of Tennis. After I checked in at the airport, I noticed that I left my phone inside the car. I panicked for a while, but I can't do anything. I had to use the kiosk in the airport and email my client that I do not have my phone.

I felt like I was a part of the Amazing Race. Thank God I found the car service en route to Melbourne Park. Inside the stadium, I bumped into my client and her family. They took me to the player's lounge. It was worth it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment