Saturday, December 25, 2010

TOP OF THE CITI!!!

Yes, the title is right. It is the name of the restaurant in Manila, Philippines. Why? It is the exclusive place to dine on top of the building of Citibank. Last December 18, my youngest sister exchanged vows with her husband Fergus Lao. It was a very intimate wedding.  My sister was telling me that it was so difficult for her to edit guests to 150. To my surprise, she and her husband did a phenomenal job. The wedding ceremony was held on the terraces of the restaurant. Nina wore a vintage inspired gown by Angel Sanchez. The veil added the whole glamour to the dress. To my excitement, it was a sit down dinner. Fergus and Nina served their guests with Foie Gras Salad, French Onion Soup, Sea Bass, Grilled Steak, and assortment of desserts. Champagne and wine were overflowing that evening. It is tradition that both the bride and the groom show their pictures in the form of a video to their guests. Laughter and tears filled the room. After the cinematic display, it was time for me to make a speech. The room was silent. I had to deliver a spontaneous speech to the couple. It was a success.
In the end, I was very proud for both of them. It was a memorable trip indeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment