Tuesday, December 28, 2010

VOGUE RECYCLES!!!

I adore Natalie Portman's beauty. She may be petite, but she is oozing with charm and appeal. My favorite movie that she did was V for Vendetta. I believe she did an amazing performance. Vogue magazine is known for being the FIRST to feature actresses with upcoming movies. Anna Wintour is STILL in control and directing the magazine to a different level. Yes, we cannot please all the readers. They just cannot. You gotta have taste to appreciate the magazine.

For the 2011 January issue, Vogue looked back into the archives of their cover shoot with Natalie Portman. The shot by Peter Lindbergh was inspired from Natalie's May 2002 cover. There is nothing wrong when we look for inspiration. The most important thing is that the magazine strives to improve every month. I believe it is working.

I love the Prada dress from her 2002 cover, but the J.Mendel was the perfect choice for the January issue. Designers look for inspiration from the past and magazines can do the same thing as well. Anna and her team are doing a good job. In my opinion, Vogue is still VOGUE... no matter what. Get the picture.

PS: Congratulation to my dear friend Gilles of J.Mendel for making the cover.



JANUARY 2011 IN J.MENDEL

MAY 2002 IN PRADA

No comments:

Post a Comment