Saturday, November 7, 2009

FIT FOR AN AMERICAN BEAUTY

This past Thursday, Mark and PJ invited me to a party at the Fashion Institute Of Technology of New York. The museum at F.I.T. celebrated the American Beauty. The installation was a success. Designers like Francisco Costa, Bibhu Mohapatra, Gilles Mendel, Costello Tagliapietra, Yeohlee Teng, Jean Yu, Justin Guinta, and Thom Browne were present to see their works of art on display. The name of the exhibit is American Beauty. They featured all the top dresses of American designers. What caught my eyes? The three lovely dresses from Rodarte... Amazing.

We were chatting with Patricia Mears about the installation. PJ Pascual's friend, Mark Walsh, has so much knowledge when it comes to fashion history. I enjoy hanging out with them. As we were all about to leave, Daphne Guinness arrived. I had a chance to meet her. I love her modern day Dorothy Gale shoes... Antonio Berardi.

It was a fun-filled evening. I felt like I was home again.


YAZ HERNANDEZ (RIGHT)
THOM BROWNE
MY FRIENDS: MARK WALSH AND PJ PASCUAL
NARCISO RODRIGUEZ AND FRANCISCO COSTA OF CALVIN KLEIN
ZERO'S MARIA CORNEJO
JEAN YU
DAPHNE GUINNESS

PATRICIA MEARS, FRANCISCO COSTA, VALERIE STEELE

No comments:

Post a Comment