Monday, June 1, 2009

Cristobal, is that you?


Gipetto strikes again with his favorite designer Cristobal. My recent trip to Shanghai made me excited about the city's architecture. I told myself that I am not going to purchase anything from this amazing metropolis.  Then again, my friends from Shanghai told me to go to Plaza 66.  

Plaza 66 houses all the high-end luxury brands with the likes of Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Cristobal.  For some odd reason, I am very lucky. It was the store's first day to open to the public. I rushed in and purchased a couple of my favorite pieces.

This whole fascination about Cristobal started with the Spring 2007 collection. As a former accessories editor of a prestigious magazine in NY, I am obsessed with accessories. While making my trend report for that season on powerpoint, I came across a magnificent piece of art... the TRON belt. I told myself, I have to have that belt. I called the press offices of Cristobal in New York and Paris... no luck. 

Where did I get my TRON belt? Homme et Femme (Alaia, Balenciaga, Marni, Lanvin, Margiela, Dior Homme, Acne, Liberty, Comme des Garcons, Dries Van Noten) in Manila, Philippines. Jappy Gonzales' has an eye for beautiful things. He always tells me to always edit when he buys merchandise for his store.  True enough, I found my TRON belt in his store. My sister gave me the belt as a super duper belated Christmas gift.  Everytime I see Jappy in Manila, I always give him my biggest smile.

Cristobal is one of the best designers for me. No wonder Style.com always gives him a two thumbs up... all the time.

Nicholas Ghesquiere- CRISTOBAL Balenciaga's heir to the throne

Fall/Winter 2007- The scarf costs an arm and a leg

Spring 2009- In my own opinion, I'd name this the SOLARIS collection... that's just me
Spring 2007- the birth of my Cristobal fascination
Fall/Winter 2009- The best harem pants I've seen.
MY "TRON" BELT- I love this piece. 
Plaza 66 in Shanghai, China

Another fun-filled journey with Gipetto. Wait till see you my next post. 




3 comments:

  1. Can you sell me your belt? I love this belt.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have that belt.
    New York never got a stock of this magnificent creation.
    Bravo.
    Guard it with you life.
    hahahah

    ReplyDelete