Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THE RISE OF BALMAIN

I was in Shanghai last May and I happen to pass by Joyce Boutique in Plaza 66. The buyers from Joyce have a good eye. They were trained well by Mrs. Joyce Ma, founder and owner of Joyce Boutiques.  They have a huge selection of Dries Van Noten and Lanvin. I drooled and I turned pale out of excitement.

To my surprise, I spotted a gorgeous pair of shoes from Balmain. I was in awe and I dreamt of being a woman to wear those killer shoes.  All of my peers in the industry are crazy about Balmain.  I would not be surprised at all. They keep on telling me, "Balmain is the thing."

At the recent Costume Institute Gala, my friend Dr. Lisa Airan wore an impeccable black studded Balmain dress. For me, she is one of the best iconic figures of New York society. She has her own style and she pulls it off so well. I emailed Lisa and told her that Style.com considered her as one of the best dressed in the event. 

Christophe Decarnin is the creative director of the house of Balmain, since 2005. He turned the house around and he is considered as one of the most influential designers of my era. He made the 1980's so cool without being too literal. I am obsessed with the brand. He placed his on twist and it made the brand cool and edgy.

Take note, his denims can cost you an arm and a leg. I mean $1,500.00 for a pair, but you will feel strong and fierce. His amazing jackets with sharp shoulder pads can cost up to $15,000.00 or more......

Like Nicholas Ghesqueire of Balenciaga, he belongs to the league of talented, innovative, and well followed designers. Carine Roitfeld is one of the few people who placed Christophe on the fashion map. She is my favorite editrix.  Her style is just BEYOND this world... VERY Balmain worthy.

I salivate every time I see a girl wear his creations... I can't express my enthusiasm.

HE IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Christophe Decarnin- genius behind Balmain

Carine Roitfeld, French Vogue Editrix, with daugther Julia Restoin Roitfeld

Dr. Lisa Airan in A cutting edge piece of ART from Balmain-MET GALA 2009

Killer!!!!!
To DIE for!!!!!!!!
I am DYING right now.... 
J'adore to the MAX
Fierceness!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment