Sunday, June 21, 2009

HOMME ET FEMME: MECCA IN MANILA

Whenever I go home to Manila, I always tell myself not to shop. I break my promise every time I think about my friend's store in Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Homme et Femme. Mark Gonzales (owner of Homme et Femme) has exquisite taste when it comes to high-end luxury brands. In his boutique, he carries the best brands that money can buy: Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten, Lanvin, Dior Homme, Comme Des Garcons, Jil Sander, Azzedine Alaia, Maison Martin Margiela, Acne, APC, and more.

During my recent trip to Manila, I had a conversation with Mark. He told me that when he does his buying trip to Europe and to the USA, he knows what to get for his clients.  He believes in quality versus quantity in selecting his merchandise for the store. I think it is a smart move, especially in this economic crisis... When is this crisis going to end?

What makes me go to his store? The merchandise is totally different from BARNEYS NEW YORK and JEFFREY'S.  I bought a couple of Dries Van Noten pants and shirts from his store in blue and brown blocked prints, but the NEW YORK stores did not have the styles I like.

I have been his client for more than 10 years. I always believe in brand loyalty. In my opinion, Homme et Femme is one of the best stores in Manila. And besides, he is a fun person to talk to... his niece Pia is actually one of my closest friends. There you go.

Now! I can breathe!!!!!!

Wait for my next post.


Shangri-la Plaza Mall- HOME OF HOMME ET FEMME
Dries Van Noten Spring 2009

Dries Van Noten Spring 2009

Runway images courtest of www.style.com

Homme Et Femme
(011)-623-633-7009
info@hommeetfemme.ph










2 comments:

  1. You are right. Barney's is having a sale now and they only have shorts and pleated pants.
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Dries Van Noten?
    Never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete