Thursday, June 18, 2009

EMERGING EMPIRE

I have not checked my facebook account in weeks. Luckily, I came across my dear friend Prabal Gurung. We started chatting and I told him about my new blog Gipetto Diaries. I told him to check it out and he thinks its FIERCE... I wish I could copy and paste our chat... TOO LATE.

Prabal is one of the most talented emerging designers in the fashion industry. He has an eye of beauty. He understands the woman that wears his clothes. He believes that, "Simplicity is the essence of sophistication."

Going back to memory lane, I used to work for Prabal as his intern.  He used to work in the design team of Cynthia Rowley. He is the nicest person to work for. He taught me how to be patient and to work hard with a megawatt smile. After that, he moved on to a greener pasture...BILL BLASS. He was appointed design director and worked with the best of the best...
Michael Volbracht and Peter Som.

Prabal never forgets to invite me to his shows, even if I do not cover ready-to-wear. I have been an avid supporter of his work. Everytime I see a BILL BLASS creation come out of the runway, I see touches of Prabal's design. I am very proud of him.

After that, he decided to move on and create his own line. FINALLY!
His Fall 2009 debut collection was received well by the foreign and local press. My good friend, Rafe, even wrote on his blog about Prabal's collection. Too BAD I was not around... I think I was sick. :(

He is a great friend, designer, and confidant. 
You know what Prabal? You are amazing. I believe your clothes make women look beautiful and feel good about themselves. I love you for that.

PRABAL GURUNG- genius behind the Prabal Gurung empire
LOVE IT!!!!
LOVING IT MORE!!!!
LOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!
WOW!!!!
LUSTING FOR MORE!!!!

Images courtesy of www.prabalgurung.com

Up next, dinner with my friend Lisa and my fashion scion at INSIEME.


6 comments:

  1. You know your fashion vocabulary.
    I love his clothes, especially the feathered one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is hot.
    Give me a piece of that.
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius write-up.
    Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I buy his clothes? Online?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Prabal single? I would like to date him.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you guys really friends?
    Or your blog is making it up?
    Clarifications please....

    ReplyDelete