Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THE PARISIAN BREEZE OF TALENT- JONATHAN RISS OF JAY AHR

I just came back from a relaxing trip in Asia. As usual, my number one enemy is jet lag. Why can't we be best of friends? Up to now, I do not understand.

And now, let's begin my interesting story.

I am so fascinated with talented designers. From my previous posts, I have been raving the designers behind the houses of Balmain and Balenciaga.  And now, JAY AHR is part of my list.

When I was an editor at a prestigious magazine in New York, my task was to research on the hottest accessories of the season. It did not stop me from there, I did my research on the latest women's ready-to-wear out in the market. I came across the name JAY AHR.  When Roopal Patel of Bergdorf Goodman wore his creation to a social event, I was mesmerized with the outfit.  I could not stop talking about it to my fashion peers.

I had the chance to meet the designer (Jonathan Riss) at the ROSE BAR at the Gramercy Hotel in New York a couple of months ago. I was introduced to him by a good friend of mine, who is also an editor of a famous magazine. At first, I did not know that he is the designer of JAY AHR. We had conversations about fashion, culture, and world affairs. He told me that he has his own fashion house in Paris called JAY AHR. I hallucinated for a while, but I recovered.

I was suffering from a severe A.D.D. attack (Attention Deficit Disorder) while he was talking to me. I could not believe that the genius behind the brand is right in front of me. We hit it off and we became instant friends. At the end of the night, I was calm........ 
 
We stayed in touch.

June 10, 2009, Jonathan invited me to his lovely showroom. He has one of the best showrooms in New York. I felt like I was in a beautiful Parisian apartment. He was telling me the full story on how he started his company over a cup of espresso. I learned so many things from him in a span of an hour. Then, he showed me his beautiful evening gowns and cocktail dresses. He was explaining to me the detailed work on each piece. I told him, "If I were a girl, I would pair up his dress with ROW tattered leggings, Balenciaga strass cuff bracelet, Balmain ankle booties, and my Alice Chabtini stingray minaudiere."

At 32, you will see more creative and innovative pieces from Jonathan Riss of JAY AHR. He is UNBELIEVABLE... I mean it.




Jonathan Riss- the man behind the infamous JAY AHR brand
LOVE
LOVE MORE
I WANT TO IT ALL.




2 comments:

  1. I've tried on a gown of his.... a DREAM. I'd love him to design a dress for me, is there any way I can get in touch with him?

    ReplyDelete