Saturday, September 19, 2009

BUILDING FUTURES TOGETHER-A WALK FOR POVERTY

I had to wake up early this morning to support the 10th annual walk for poverty of my dear aunt, Loudette Avelino. I have been a member of her board for 8 years. Building Futures Together is an organization that fights poverty in the Philippines. My aunt is the founder of this prestigious charity. She has been an advocate to fight against poverty for more than 20 years.

Every year, I made sure that I am a part of the walk. It was held at Flushing Meadows Park in Queens. For the first time, I had to run a 5 kilometer track. I felt so good because I have been on a strict diet for a month... I lost 16 pounds in 30 days.

At the end of the day, we were able to collect many donations from our supporters. The proceeds of this event will go to the building of schools, libraries, and other materials for the poor children of the region.

It was a good break for me after fashion week. I felt so good.
Please go to our website, www.buildingfuturestogether.org.

Hey! If we can buy Pierre Hardy's and Alaia, we can donate a small amount to the organization.
Am I right?

Please support our cause!!!


BUILDING FUTURES TOGETHER!!!

THE SPHERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment