Friday, September 4, 2009

CANADIAN BREEZE!!!

My fascination with emerging designers continues to grow. In some of my old entries, I had mentioned my favorite designers: Altuzarra, Prabal Gurung, and Jay Ahr. Now, I am adding one more to my fantastic four list, Jeremy Laing.

Who would have thought that a Canadian designer invaded the shores of New York? I did. I have seen his collection in Spring 2008. I was swept away to the STRATOSPHERE. I am being dramatic.

I told myself, "Hmmm!!! Jeremy has so much potential... so much to offer."

Seeing his designs, he mastered the techniques of manipulating fabrics and form it into a demi couture ensemble. His take on fashion is young and edgy.

He learned how to sew when he was 13 years old. He taught himself how to construct
garments... that's what you call a WONDER BOY!

His skills were developed when he became Alexander McQueen's apprentice. He helped in the creation of McQueen's different lines. By this, he learned more on how to do the following: innovative pattern making, garment constructions, and the use of textile to create form.

So many designers out there, but only a few have the talent to SUCCEED and to SURVIVE.







FALL 09
FALL 09
FALL 09
FALL 09

FALL 09


No comments:

Post a Comment