Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SEAT OF POWER- KARTELL

You know why I do not like the rain? Besides getting wet, I have to carry a big umbrella.  It was a huge misfortune for me yesterday... my mother and I forgot to bring one. To kill time, we went to the home department of Barneys. I showed her the Visionnaire Books of shirts that Anton and I purchased the other day.  We fell in love with this amazing stool. It looked like a prism in plastic... very GREEN.  KARTELL is the brand name of my new stool. It is going to be a part of my apartment.

I was chatting with Ron, my go to guy at Barneys Home on the 9th floor. He was telling us about the history of Kartell.  The company was founded by Guilio Castelli in 1949. He is a chemical engineer. He won the "Nobel Natta Award", and started producing plastic articles for car accessories and later on to home furnishing. AMAZING.

Why is Kartell so unique? The company uses plastic instead of wood and glass. The company's goal is to make plastic look chic. The company hired a team of experts with the likes of Ron Arad, Philippe Starck, Tokujin Yoshioka, and many more to modify and translate Guilio's vision in the modern world of furniture.

To tell you the truth, my new stool fits well with my other furniture... IT'S VERY COMFORTABLE.

VERY GREEN RIGHT NOW.





No comments:

Post a Comment