Thursday, August 6, 2009

CASADEI TURNED 50 LAST NIGHT.

After a hectic day of running around the city, I had to make a pit stop at the 60 Thompson Hotel. My good friend, Nicole K from Krupp Group, invited me to go to the rooftop party for Casadei's 50th anniversary.

Since my sister is here, I told her to come with me. Anna from Town and Country and Lorenzo joined us for some afternoon drinking. Famed photographer Ellen Von Unwerth shot the ad campaign for Casadei. The inspiration of this amazing ad... Helmut Newton. This famous Italian shoe company brought back famed model Omyhra Mota.

The shoes designed for this occasion is made to order. Why? The shoes are very expensive. They are adorned with diamonds and semi-precious stones. The price ranges from $12,000 till $30,000.

It was a reunion of all of my peers from the fashion industry. I saw all the old and new faces from the magazine industry. I had a chance to chat with my good friend Brooke Magnahi from W magazine. We were discussing about sports... Olympian Michael Phelps. We had a good 30 minute conversation. For the first time, we did not talk about fashion.

And also, I saw my old boss Amy Berlin. She has impeccable taste. Like me, she loves shoes.
I was laughing with Amy that my bank account is anorexic. Meaning, I have been buying shoes.
Hahahaha.

Of course, I saw my favorite Alicia Pantano of Krupp Group. She heads the jewelry department of Krupp Group. Even if I left the magazine industry, she never forgot about it. I am deeply touched. The weather was beautiful and we had a couple of mojitos and white wine. I just do not eat finger foods at a party. No matter how hungry I am, I just do not eat.

I give you all a big kiss.
Thanks girls!!!


ONE OF CASADEI'S COUTURE SHOES!!!
DIAMOND PLATFORMS!!!
80'S INSPIRED SHOES BY GIVENCHY- LOOK AT THE WEDGE!!!
CESARE CASADEI- FOUNDER OF CASADEI!!!
ANIMAL PRINT KITTEN HEELED SHOES!!!

BROOKE OF W MAGAZINE!!!
RED SUEDE PUMPS!!!
LANVIN SNEAKERS!!! PURPLE HAZE!!!
DRIES VAN NOTEN- APRIL'S SHOES!!!
GLADIATOR STYLE- YSL
AMY'S SHOES!!!
GLADIATOR STYLE!!! 80'S
GIPETTO'S LANVIN FLATS

No comments:

Post a Comment