Saturday, August 29, 2009

RESURRECTION!!!

Back in the 90s, designers launched their junior line. They saw an emerging growth in the junior department. If you have the money to spend, go ahead and buy.

I remember going to Hong Kong with my mom and sisters and visit my pseudo gay uncle (he loves girls). He enriched my vocabulary in the world of fashion. All I heard from his mouth is Thierry Mugler and Versace. Every time he'd picked us up at the airport, he gave us monogram accessories from Louis Vuitton (pre Marc Jacobs).

At 11, I had at least 4 Louis Vuitton accessories given by my generous uncle (mom's friend).

He said, "Gipettto, your mother will kill me if I tell you these new designers."

I replied, "Of course not, she won't. I just want to know."

I gave him a devilish look. Meaning, my mom would have to kill him. She knows when we go to Joyce Boutique, I needed something new... EXPENSIVE.

One of the names he gave me was Versus by Gianni Versace.

During Spring/Summer 2010 Milan Fashion Week, Donatella Versace will relaunch the VERSUS line. This secondary line of Gianni Versace was launched in 1989. This was the first design job of his sister, Donatella. The company closed its doors in 2005 due to financial difficulties.

Now, the brand that made Donatella famous will rise again. She also commissioned Christopher Kane to design a small capsule collection for the accessories line... BEADED GALORE!!!

I am amazed with the VERSACE family. They have the courage and determination to resurrect a brand, even though the global economy is not doing well.

Bravo to you guys!!! Best of LUCK!


CHRISTOPHER KANE AND DONATELLA VERSACE!!!


CHRISTOPHER KANE FOR VERSUS!!!

VERSUS!!!


VERSUS!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment